As a licensed clinical social worker in Huntington, NY, I work with couples, families & individuals. I’m successful in guiding patients through anxiety, depression, self-esteem challenges, marriage / family issues, and all types of relationship conflicts.
The Huntington Relationship Center offers mental health services for residents of Long Island.
We collaborate with The Holistic Counseling Center of Long Island providing therapy for Nassau & Suffolk.
Relationships are not a problem to be solved. They are a journey and an adventure to be embraced, a gift to be unwrapped, a mystery to be understood, and a secret to be uncovered.
We all have childhood wounds that can hold us back from creating safe and satisfying relationships. It is a privilege and a blessing to be invited into the lives of others and assist them in having a more productive and healed life.
One of my specialties is my clinical training in Imago Relationship Therapy. Imago Relationship Therapy is a technique that was developed by Dr. Harville Hendrix and his wife, Dr. Helen Kelly LaHunt. They are the co-writers of “Getting the Love You Want”, Keeping the Love You Have”. Their books have helped couples for over 30 years.
Imago Relationship Therapy helps you develop tools for communicating about difficult issues. It assists you in developing compassion and empathy for yourself and your partner.
Use your relationship challenges to create growth and healing. Most importantly, to create the relationship you’ve always wanted. Imago therapy is helpful in family or work conflicts as well.
Imago Relationship Therapy teaches us to work through conflict in a way that will allow our relationships to flourish and expand!
Imago Relationship Therapy’s mission is to create a new way to love.
Robin Newman is committed to using Imago theory and practices to help all interested people create and sustain mutually-fulfilling, healing relationships.
Adelphi certificate of appreciation to Robin Newman LCSW 2021
The key for me is in the patient who has the courage to be open and willing to truly heal.
Interested in learning more about mental health? Read more below:
- Your daily habits define relationship longevity.
- Choose Your Words Wisely
- Listening To Your Partner With Neutrality
- Imago relationship therapists on Long Island discuss the benefits of Imago therapy.
- Mens’ vs. Womens’ Roles in Relationships
- Imago Relationship Therapists talk about work and family dynamics in relationships / marriages.
- Imago Relationship Therapy for Parents and Children
- Intentional Dialogue
- Getting The Love You Want Couples Workshop 2022
- Your Relationship Issues Were There Before Covid
- Divorce Recovery Counseling
- When is it time to break up?
- Non-Verbal Communication in Relationships
- Attachment Styles in Relationships
- Review about Robin Newman
- Robin Newman, Imago Relationship Therapist in Long Island
- Imago Workshops for Couples in Long Island
- Individuals can use an Imago Relationship Therapist too!
- Imago Relationship Therapy for Individuals Long Island, NY
- Avoid These Marriage Killers
- The spiral experience in relationships – Imago therapy NY